We’re Hiring! Registered Dental Hygienist with Public Health Endorsement for HSHC Sealant Program
- On August 21, 2019
Our Healthy Smile Healthy Child program is looking for an enthusiastic Registered Dental Hygienist with a Public Health Endorsement that is a leader, self-starter, conscientious and decisive, with excellent communication skills (bilingual English/Spanish preferred, not required) and who loves working with children. We are looking for someone who is able to work independently coordinating the start-up of the Healthy Smile Healthy Child Sealant Program.
- Provide excellent care to children and help motivate them to engage in activities that promote dental health and minimize risk of developing caries.
- Provide oral hygiene instructions, including chair-side counseling on brushing, flossing and nutrition.
- Transport and prepare portable unit in treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Facilitate screenings arresting dental decay by applying fluoride varnish and other cavity-preventing agents, such as sealants.
- Maintain OSHA logs for each site visited, inventory of supplies needed and ensure maintenance of dental equipment.
- Develop relationships with Washoe County Schools and other community partners to coordinate quantity of consent forms, goody bags, presentations and schedule Site Visits.
- Draft, maintain, update and distribute the Sealant Program calendar to all personnel/volunteers scheduled.
- Accurately collect and enter data of services rendered into Eaglesoft.
- Act as a liaison with community partners, dental hygiene students and volunteers.
If you are committed, can step outside the box and bring innovative ideas to the table, this is the job for you!
Please email your resume to Healthy Smile Healthy Child Dental Case Coordinator, Monica Vazquez, at MVazquez@renown.org.